Chief Estimator - Construction - General Contracting - Surrey
Title Chief Estimator - Construction - General Contracting - Surrey
Salary £80k + Benefits
My client is a very well established contractor with a first class reputation and great tradition. They are currently in a strong position with an increasing workload. Their business has remained buoyant, despite the recession and they are well poised to develop new business opportunities. Their principal areas of business include residential, healthcare, education, prisons, commercial, community and leisure including new build and refurbishments. They now have a vacancy for a Chief Estimator to take sole responsibility for generating and winning work. You will be the sole Estimator at the present time taking responsibility for responding to tenders and helping to generate new business. My client is a stable traditional business with family values combined with a thoroughly modern approach to business. A lot of their work is with key clients in London, Surrey, Sussex and Kent, many of these use my client for all their building requirements on a repeat basis. You will be working closely with other senior managers as well as the MD. This is a key role as part of my clients succession planning and over a period of time you should be capable of developing a winning team around you.
You will need
* At least ten years estimating experience (preferably from Trainee Estimator through to Estimator/Senior Estimator and/or more senior, with a main contractor
* Relevant qualification - HNC/HND, Degree
* Mix of tender experience, including a broad range, D&B new build housing; some commercial experience ie public buildings and schools; social housing; refurbishment
* Must be able to do take-offs and ideally some experience of computerized estimating packages though this is not essential
* Ideally someone local who does not need to commute large distances or lodge away during the week
* A good career track record of success and a stable working background with previous employers
* Be timely, methodical and capable of multi-tasking
* Must be hard working, enthusiastic and commercially minded
* Accuracy, a "cool head", ability to hit deadlines and a calm approach when under pressure are the attributes my client is seeking.
The person will have a stable career track record and a proven background within a well-regarded similar organization as a Senior Estimator, Chief Estimator or Estimating Manager.
For an initial discussion contact Richard Lee
Alternatively email your cv, quoting reference 5355 to:
Phone 01634 838855 or Mobile 07786 960942
TMR Ltd Tilmangate House, Windmill Hill, Harrietsham, Kent ME17 1LP
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Surrey, Kent, London, Maidstone, Tonbridge, Bromley, Caterham, Sevenoaks, Tunbridge Wells, East Grinstead, Horsham, Crawley, Redhill, Woking, Reigate
Salary : £80k + Benefits
Date Advertised : 15 Dec 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.