Data Expert Project Manager
Data Expert Project Manager
6- 12 Months
Woking / Bracknell
£400 - £500 per day
My client is a leading finance firm that is looking to bring on an experienced Project Manager with exposure to managing projects involving data; the cleansing of it, the population of it and experience of working with large volumes of data; to join their organisation for an initial 6-12 month contract based near Woking and Guilford.
You would be working on the MIS Team as their lead Data Expert Project Manager to work on a project to deliver / take data from their policy systems and convert to other transactions to supply to their marketing team. This will enable them to make strategic business decisions on how best to market their products.
You will be working within the delivery section of the team, the core focus of the position is to ensure the successful delivery of the projects throughout the whole lifecycle measured against cost, time and quality standards. There are several different projects that you will be delivering upon; some which may take only a few days and others which can take up to several years. You will be managing a team of Business Analysts, Analyst Programmers, Developers and Testers.
You must have demonstrated previous experience in significant engagement with the business beneficiaries and key stakeholders.
- Plan and manage the delivery of projects throughout the project lifecycle and be accountable for delivering to scope, schedule, cost and the required quality levels
- Ensure all deliverables are fit for purpose by employing effective quality management approaches
- Ensure all regulatory and compliance requirements are adhered to
- Manage, lead and motivate the project team (which is split between the UK and Asia) on a day-to-day basis, injecting pace and momentum when required
- Manage sometimes conflicting priorities by maintaining close relationships with business stakeholders and using innovative ideas to maximise work throughout
- Report progress through agreed reporting mechanisms
- Undertake effective stakeholder management
- Liaise with related programme, business and project managers to ensure seamless delivery
- MS Office Suite
- Planning tools such as MS Project
- Test support tools such as Quality Centre
- Prince2 / ITIL qualification
- Experience in working on projects involving data and data cleansing / migration / mining
- Demonstrable successful delivery of multiple projects to cost, time and quality
- Proven experience of managing a team with conflicting priorities for work
- Experience of working with a Large IT Department & managing key stakeholders
- Understanding of marketing and how to use data to utilise & make strategic decisions
- Strong communication skills
If this Data Expert Project Manager position would be of interest to you then please apply immediately. It offers a very long term contract at highly competitive rates.
Job Type : Contract/Interim
Location : Woking
Salary : £400.00 - £525 p day
Date Advertised : 16 Dec 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.