Business Analyst - Insurance Agile/Waterfall- Bromley to £80K
Leading Insurance Group seek Senior Business Analyst in Bromley, Kent office commutable from London , Croydon and Crawley . Walking distance from station . 5+ years of experience working within Insurance
Working within the Delivery Team of their Information Office, undertakes programmes projects to time, cost and quality, then supports the applications in their production environment .
Projects will require adoption of Agile Scrum or Waterfall methods as required so experience in these areas a bonus . Responsibilities include End to end requirements management and creation of user scenarios , support testing and supporting implementation of change .
. Purpose of Role
* Analysis of a specified business opportunity, to identify the people, process and technology requirements that will deliver the expected benefits
* Support Lead Business Analyst and / or Project Manager to ensure that problems/ opportunities are understood, business requirements and priorities are defined and documented and assist the Business in the production of Business Cases
* Support the Lead Business Analyst and / or Project Manager in owning the end to end requirements management for project ensuring the verifiable traceability occurs between requirements, solution and testing. Adopt either Waterfall or Agile methodology as project requires.
* Capture business requirements and the key data required
* Coordinate creation of user scenarios including working with the Business to allocate users for testing
* Provide input to the business and development team, where required, on how the new solution will work or impact the organisation. This is to allow them to design and implement the new solution and create the supporting materials
Understand the business area
Define the business needs
* Work with the business to methodically investigate, analyse, review, define and document business requirements, including use of stakeholder analysis, context diagrams, mind maps, rich pictures and requirements investigation ensuring they are effectively translated into detailed requirements
* Flexibleapproach to gathering requirements using multiple methods to include one to one interviews, desktop assessments and group facilitated (agile) requirements capture.
* Obtaining input from other CIO functions to support the Business in defining and documenting the technology non-functional requirements
* Support the supplier/solution selection process by providing input into the RFI, RFP, etc. as well as assessing responses against business requirements. Review contracts drawn up with any third party supplier to ensure that document(s) accurately reflect the requirements of the Business.
* Helping define the case for change and input to the business case.
Verifying that solutions meet business needs
* Support the full delivery lifecycle, ensuring business requirements are properly understood and met by the delivered solution including contributing to the approach to testing as well as to the data cleansing / migration and implementation approach
* Coordinate the creation of user scenarios with the business and support testing with the allocated business users to enable the definition of UAT test scripts and business sign off.
Support the implementation of change (governance, process, location, organisation), documenting and developing operating models as necessary, and assessing the impact of the proposed solution to ensure that the change is embedded .
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Bromley, croydon, beckenham, gillingham, maidstone, dartford, crawley, london, uk wide, brighton
Salary : £70k - £80k pa + bens
Date Advertised : 04 Apr 2014
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.